What are the top 3 causes of death in Singapore? Cancer, pneumonia and cardiovascular disease. 1 in 3 Singaporeans dies of cancer. According to AIA, 60% of its critical illness claims are from cancer, out of which, 80% are due to breast cancer.
While cancer is on the rise, survival rates go up too. Therefore, it is important to be covered for the various stages of cancer, from early to intermediate to major stage. While there are many types of critical illness insurance in the market, the more comprehensive the cover, the stricter the underwriting process. Meaning that for someone with pre-existing condition such as diabetes, cyst, benign tumor or heart attack, etc, his or her application will be rejected.
So, is there any solution for people with pre-existing condition?
Good news! AIA recently launched a new cancer insurance plan that has all the right ingredients for a boost of cancer protection. Called AIA MultiStage Cancer Cover, it offers 100% payout at early, intermediate or major stage cancer as well as affordable level premiums that don’t go up with time.
- Available to people aged 16-55.
- Available to people with medical conditions like diabetes, stroke, heart attack, family history of cancer, etc
- Available to Singapore residents refers to a person who is a Singaporean/Singapore PR or a holder of an Acceptable Pass to reside, work or study in Singapore on a long term basis. Acceptable Pass includes Employment Pass, Work Permit, S-Pass, Student Pass, Long Term Visit Pass, Dependant Pass or other Work Pass such as Personalised Employment Pass, EntrePass.
- Not available to people with cancer (current or prior)
- No medical check-up. Only 3 simply questions at application.
Here are the fixed premium rates for a $100k coverage:
|Male, 35YO, Non-smoker||$30/month for 20 years|
|Female, 35 YO, Non-smoker||$56/month for 20 years|
Apart from people with pre-existing conditions, this solution is suitable for people looking to beef up their cancer coverage during their working years or when their dependents are still young . Compared to similar products in the market, AIA’s premium is relatively lower.